How about setting up a disc golf tour in two European countries? Bothnia Cup is aiming to become a tour that is played in both Sweden and Finland, with Åland as the setting for the first and final rounds. This tour will begin with an introduction and field test on September 25-26 in Åland 2021. We call these two tournaments Bothnia Cup 1 and Bothnia Cup 2.
If all goes well and the tournaments are filled with players, we will grow the Bothnia Cup into full bloom in the 2022 season. More about this later. If you are member in a disc golf club in the Bothnia coastal area, please follow this development for the opportunity to run a tournament at your club in the 2022 season. You can also contact Thor Wallgren to show your interest to run a tournament as part of the Bothnia Cup 2022.
If you have a business about Disc Golf, please contact Thor Wallgren if you want to sell something at Bothnia Cup. We open our arms to all shops, merchants and producers that want to be part of making Bothnia Cup more than just a couple of tournaments. Maybe we can turn this in to a market-place for disc golf as well!
Bothnia Cup is created by Thor Wallgren at Pretty Fly Disc Golf with the help of Åland Frisbeegolf Club and Gustaf Didriksson.
Bothnia Cup 2021, the tournaments in Åland 25-26 September:
There will be two separate tournaments, each is B-tier sanctioned by PDGA and Tour Director Thor Wallgren guarantee at least 700 EUROs in cash prices to the PRO-divisions EACH DAY. The AM-divisions will recieve player packs and vouchers in discgolf equipment webshops.
Bothnia Cup 1 is played on saturday the 25th of September. The course Soltuna/Geta will be played by the PRO-divisions and Sandösund will be played by the AM-divisions. There will be 72 player-spots available on each course. We play 2 rounds with an approximatly 60 minute long lunch break inbetween rounds. Lunch can be served at the Soltuna and Sandösund restaurants, accomodation over night can also be provided. More info about pricing for food and cabins will be presented on this page or links will be set up here. PDGA-event in this link.
Bothnia Cup 2 is played on sunday the 26th of September. The course Sandösund will be played by the PRO-divisions and Soltuna/Geta will be played by the AM-divisions. There will be 72 player-spots available on each course. We play 2 rounds with an approximatly 60 minute long lunch break inbetween rounds. Lunch can be served at the Soltuna and Sandösund restaurants, accomodation over night can also be provided. More info about pricing for food and cabins will be presented on this page or links will be set up here. PDGA-event in this link.
We follow the PDGA Official Disc Golf Rules: www.pdga.com
* Shotgun start, groups by division as much as possible. Max 4 players in each group.
* At the arrival each player must register at tournament central, AMs will be given their player pack.
* Second round will be grouped by scores within the division.
* Max 1 caddie or follower/player. Make sure caddies also knows the rules, player is responsible for the caddie.
* No drugs allowed, no tobacco products.
* Schedule will be published later.
PRO-divisions: FPO, FP40, MPO, MP40, MP50, MP60. Entry fee is 45 EURO/tournament.
AM-divisions: FA2, FA4, FJ15, MA1, MA2, MA3, MA4, MJ15. Entry Fee is 39 EURO/tournament.
Divisions with less than 2 players will not be played, players will have the option to choose another division to play.
Read all about divisions here: PDGA-divisions information
Pre-register and payment
Both tournaments will open for pre-register on August 1 at 18.00 hours, Swedish time. Link to the Pre-registration will be available here.
Payment will be made with your credit card at the same time as you send your pre-registration form. Remember the date and bookmark this page.
Cost of participation and prices to the winners
B-tier sanctioned events guarantee at least 700 EUROs to be divided by the PRO-players as price money. This is guaranteed by tour director Thor Wallgren to be paid out each day.
The AM-divisions has a slightly lower Player´s Fee than the PRO-divisions and all AM-players get a player´s pack consisting of one disc from Momentum Disc Golf a new disc manufacturer in Sweden, the rest of the AM´s player´s Fee will be paid out as a voucher at one of two disc golf webshops (DISCSPORT.SE and POWERGRIP.FI). AM players purse are guranteed to be at least 100% of their total Player´s Fees, that is how Thor Wallgren run Pretty Fly tournaments, and so will he run Bothnia Cup. Sponsors will pay transportation, staff-perks, PDGA-sanction costs and hopefully some extra stuff to put in the player packs. PRO-players that win a cash-price are expected to send an invoice to collect their winnings, because tax-rules and legislation about employment can not be handled for the tournaments. PRO-players not able to send an invoice may forfeit their winnings or accept vouchers to the webshops instead. PRO-divisions will be awarded 80% of the Net Entry Fee, divided to top 30% of the field (at least 700 EUROs will be paid out, each day). AM-divisions will be awarded 100% of the Net Entry Fee, divided to top 40% of the field, winners choose which webshop they want to use their voucher at.
Do you want to support this as a sponsor? Contact Thor Wallgren or Gustaf Didriksson, everyone is welcome to sponsor this. We offer the following sponsor deals:
- Tee sponsor: We produce a A3 sized sign with your Logo and text and set it up at one Tee. You can have any amount of signs like this on different Tees. Each sign is 49 EURO and you are allowed to use ours and yours pictures of this sign in your marketing. Your sign stays for 2 days at the tournaments.
- Tournament central sponsor: You send us a flag or banner that we set up in the tournament central area. Or you come and set it up your self. Each flag/banner is 95 EURO to be handled and we only have space for 4 banners/tournament central (we have 2 tournament centrals). Your flag/banner stays for 2 days at the tournaments. You are also allowed to use ours and yours pictures of the flag/banner in your marketing
- All sponsors will be mentioned on this page www.prettyfly.nu/bothniacup and you are allowed to use this link in your marketing. Some information will also reach social media, but we do not guarantee that, but all social media information about this tournament can be used in your marketing, if you are a sponsor.
- If you want to add to our player packs, get in contact with Thor Wallgren and let us talk about what is suitable and how we can show our appreciation. We will appreciate this a lot!
- Vouchers to players in the AM-divisions will be served by Powergrip.fi and Discsport.se.
Book this weekend on Åland in your calendar. We will help you with transportation, lodging, food and fun. See you! We welcome players from all countries, not only Finland and Sweden.
Video of Soltuna, one of the most beautiful places north of the equator: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2U9huSo_V8
More information about Sandösund will be presented soon